After the hot and sweaty summers, it’s that time of the year when you can get drenched under the natural showers and feel the joy of a romantic weather. But the rainy season also reminds us to build our immunity and take care of ourselves to avoid being bed struck. Here are the 8 Quick Healthcare Tips that everyone must follow in this Rainy Season:
- With the onset of the rainy season, the episodes of mosquito related diseases like Malaria and Dengue, rage high. Prevent getting bitten by these nasty insects by using mosquito nets, insect repellents, anti- malarial drugs, wearing full sleeves and applying sunscreens.
- Do not forget to add these rain gears in your kitty – umbrella, raincoat, facial wipes, deodorant and other water resistant makeup essentials.
- Your feet are likely to get in the puddle. Protection comes first and fashion second. Always keep your feet covered to avoid fungal infections that may be associated with polluted rainy water and mud. Wear bellies, boots or canvas instead of flip flops and sandals.
- If you just rejoiced under the rain showers, it’s necessary that you immediately take a bath to help yourself protect against infections. Dry yourself well and sip over a cup of hot coffee or soup to avoid catching cold and fever.
- Watch what you eat during this rainy season. Your diet should definitely contain some Vitamin C enriched foods, which drives away infectious viruses from your body and help you develop antibodies. Vitamin C can be found in fruits like Oranges, Lemon, bananas, grapes, strawberries and in cucumbers, herbal tea and other bitter veggies. Avoid spicy foods and milk products. Also, do not forget to take plenty of water, to flush out extra toxins from your body.
- Never go directly under air conditioned rooms when your hair and body is wet. It’s essential that you keep your body temperature at moderate levels to avoid catching cold.
- Your skin is prone to getting damaged during the rainy season. Use soap free cleanser and a good scrubber, to clean your face daily. Follow it with a toner to clean your pores. Instead of a moisturiser, give a try to a serum based lotion to let your skin breathe and feel refreshed.
8. Your hair can grow in the rainy season, provided you follow some golden rules. Massage with lukewarm coconut oil before going to bed and wash your head with a mild shampoo and a conditioner after every alternative day. If your scalp feels dry and irritated, use Neem oil, to soothe itches and rashes.